Stoves - Emergencies
The Stove Yard
Stoves - Different Types
- What's the difference between multi fuel stoves and wood burners?
- Should I choose a multi fuel or a wood burning stove?
- Which is better, a steel or a cast iron stove?
- What's the difference between a radiant stove and a convection stove?
- What is a heat storage stove?
- What's the difference between stoves tested for either continual burning or intermittent burning?
- What is a SIA Ecodesign Ready stove?
Stoves - General
- What are the advantages of a stove over an open fire?
- Why should my stove have a CE mark?
- What does 'Hetas Approved Appliance' mean?
Stoves - Technical
- What is the difference between Gross and Net efficiency?
- What is external air?
- Can I use a Boiler stove without connecting it to the water?
- What is a Flue Damper?
- What is a Clean Burn stove?
- What is an Airwash System?
- What can I do to stop my stove glass becoming cloudy/crazed?
Stoves - Operation
- How easy is it to use a stove?
- How do I burn my stove efficiently?
- How can I stop smoke from the stove entering my room?
- Can I burn my Christmas tree in the stove?
- What is spring and autumn syndrome?
Stoves - Installation
- Can I install the stove myself?
- Do I need planning permission to install a stove?
- What's a safe distance a wooden mantel can be placed above a stove?
- Can I install a wood burning stove in a house with Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery (MVHR)?
- What is a builder's opening?