The Defra approved Aire 3 is an exceptional British made compact wood burning stove produced by Charnwood, the UK's leading stove maker. For a nominal 3.7kW output stove it has achieved an unbelievable A+ efficiency of 86% as well as Level 5 in the clearSkies mark for clean burning (the highest rating you can get). We can't think of any other small stove that has achieved such outstanding results and because it's a Charnwood you know that it will be very easy to live with and wonderful to look at for many, many years to come. There are two models – the Low Stand and the 110mm taller integrated Store Stand version.
The Aire 3 has been specifically created for smaller spaces, such as garden offices, yurts and shepherd huts as well as modern well insulated low energy homes. It will also fit inside a standard fireplace opening. With just one single control Charnwood's Quattroflow Air Management System delivers precise amounts of air for each stage of the burn cycle making heat output and fuel management ever-so easy. It delivers a practical heat output range from just 1.5kW up to 5.0kW, depending on fuel load, which will allow you to use it throughout most of the year and even on cold summer evenings – what's the point of glamping if you can't get warm?
As far as looks go, the Aire 3 is a typical Charnwood oozing subtle good looks and gentle contemporary considered curves, a big picture window (with superior airwash) and discrete cool-touch handle and control to ensure that it will look stunning in any interior style. Despite its compact appearance it will easily handle standard 250mm (10" ) logs and it also has Charnwood's sliding ash tray for easier cleaning. Charnwood's renowned design and build quality ensures that It can also be placed on a 12mm decorative hearth, again making it ideal for post-2008 properties that have never had a traditional fireplace and constructional hearth.
Options include rear heat shield which can significantly reduce the distances to combustibles to just 100mm (4") at the back and is a must for any installations where the building's construction is primarily made from combustible materials. Even better, for complete peace of mind, they also produce the Stove Pod, a great-looking enamelled steel enclosure, specially for the Aire 3, which takes away all of the hard work of ensuring safe distances rather than creating your own BS8303 conforming heat shielding. There's also a space saving rear flue adaptor which takes up much less room than a standard T-piece or swept bend and this, combined with the Aire's drop-down baffle plate, makes it easier and safer for sweeping through the stove.
Be in the no doubt that the Charnwood Aire 3 sets a high benchmark for compact stoves that is going to be very hard for other stove makers to beat. Choose from eight colours.
• Rear Heat Shield – reduces combustible distance to just 100mm at rear
• Stove Pod Enclosure – Complete piece of mind for Yurts and other combustible structures
• Rear Flue adaptor – Saves space for rear flue installations
• Colours – Black, Green, Blue, Almond, Bronze, Brown, Pewter and Gunmetal
• Cooking plate – a must for off-gridders
Also check out the Charnwood Stove Pod protective enclosure and Aire 3 combination for easier and safer off-grid applications – please click here
• Nominal Heat Output 3.7kW
• Heat Output Range 1.5kW up to 5.0kW
• Efficiency 86.0%
• Defra Approved Yes
• ClearSkies Mark Level 5 (exceeds Ecodesign)
• Construction Plate steel bodywork, cast iron door
• Flue 125mm (5") top or rear
• Weight Low 62kg / Store Stand 71kg
• External Air 65mm dia air inlet
• Warranty 10 Years (Subject to T&Cs)
• Suitable for 12mm Hearth Yes
• Combustibles Distances (mm) Side 310 / Rear 250 (100 with heat shield option)
• Overall Dimensions (mm) Low H500 W384 D306 (344 with heat shield)
Store H610 W384 D306 (344 with heat shield)