Your Statutory Rights - Cooling-off Period By law, you have the right to withdraw from your purchase within 7 working days of receiving the item.
To cancel your purchase under this cooling-off period, please contact The Stove Yard immediately, details are on our Contact Us page, giving the reason for the return as ‘contract cancellation’. For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service.
Please re-package the relevant item securely and send it to us so that we receive it in good condition within seven working days of the day after the date that the item was delivered to you. The return address is given on the Contact Us page.
Please note that you are responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error, or if the item is faulty. If we do not receive the item back from you after a ‘contract cancellation’, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost.
As soon as we receive notice of your cancellation, we will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item together with the item's normal delivery charge, if applicable. We cannot refund any additional priority, express or courier component of the delivery charge.For more information on your Statutory Right to withdraw from your purchase within the seven working day cooling-off period, visit the Department of Trade and Industry's Web site at http://www.gov.uk.
Information on products on The Stove Yard website are subject to change from manufacturer and specifications should be confirmed with manufacturers specifications to verify their accuracy.
Stove Yard Prices
The prices for goods quoted on this website are fully inclusive and include UK taxes or any other charges (unless otherwise stated).
Payment is handled by CardSave and all prices include 20% VAT.
Please note to reduce our exposure to online fraud we will not automatically ship goods outside the UK and ROI without a satisfactory credit check.
All of our goods are sent using a ‘signed for’ service. We cannot send goods to a PO Box address. In addition, we will not normally deliver goods to a delivery address which is different to the invoice address unless verified by us that it is a bona fide address at the time of the Order.
We will process any order rapidly and email you an Order Confirmation by no later than the close of business the following working day. We will aim to complete packaging and handing over to our delivery partner within a maximum of 4 working days. In general you should receive your goods within 7 working days, but you should allow a maximum of 14 days.
Please note that enamelled stove orders can take up to five weeks to fulfil.
Delivery of your stove
Cast iron stoves are very heavy and require a specialist delivery service which can be expensive. It is important that when you place your order with us that you advise us of any potential delivery problems (see Special Delivery Instructions). The Stove Yard reserves the right to charge for an unsuccessful delivery where it has failed because we have not been given the information to alert our delivery partner to such problems.
If you experience any problems in goods delivery, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and we will be pleased to assist you. Full contact details are available on the Contact Us page.
Transfer of Ownership
The property of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer and legal beneficial ownership of the Goods shall remain with The Stove Yard unless and until The Stove Yard has received payment in full for the Goods in question (each being considered as a whole).
In the event of recovery of Goods being necessary, The Stove Yard or its appointed agent shall be entitled to enter any premises where these Goods are stored or believed to be stored to retrieve the Goods.
We collect information from you when you purchase goods to enable us to process your order and also to be able to get in touch with you in the rare event of any problems. We shall not disclose this information to any third party.
Parents are advised that Stove Yard products are unsuitable for children and may also contain small parts. Children should always be supervised where there is a stove in operation.
Extent of Liability
All goods sold on this site have been carefully checked and appropriately tested.
In no circumstances whatsoever shall the liability of any parties involved in the supply of products via this site exceed the invoice value of any goods supplied.
The term 'Goods' implies any products or services supplied by The Stove Yard and 'Goods Distributor' implies the 'goods' manufacturer or 'goods' importer or their wholesale distributor(s).These Terms and Conditions are not intended to limit or affect your statutory rights.
1. The Stove Yard shall at all times act in good faith in the pursuance of the Buyer's reasonable warranty claim under the Goods Distributor's warranty terms and conditions and the Goods Distributor's authorised agency agreement's terms and conditions between The Stove Yard and the Goods Distributor.
2. The Goods Distributor's warranty does not cover the failure of the Goods to perform due to the failure of the Goods installation because of non-conformance to Building Regulations or good building practice.
3. The Goods Distributor's warranty does not cover any Goods which form part of an illegal installation (ie an installation which has not been notified to the local authority Building Control or which has not been carried out by a Hetas Registered Installer).
4. The Buyer agrees that The Stove Yard shall act on the Buyer's behalf in the first instance in determining the extent or validity of any reasonable claim made against the Goods Distributor under the terms and conditions of the Goods Distributor's warranty.
5. The Buyer agrees that The Stove Yard is therefore entitled to make any reasonable requests for information from the Buyer or to examine the Buyer's Goods to ascertain the extent or validity of the warranty claim and that the terms and conditions of the Goods Distributor's warranty have been met by the Buyer prior to the warranty claim being forwarded by The Stove Yard to the Goods Distributor on behalf of the Buyer.
6. Failure by the Buyer to satisfy The Stove Yard's reasonable requests for information as outlined in paragraph 5 will result in a warranty claim being rejected by The Stove Yard.
7. The Stove Yard's decision on the validity or extent of a warranty claim is final and therefore The Stove Yard can reasonably reserve the right not to act on the Buyer's behalf where it feels that the warranty claim is unreasonable or that the Buyer has failed to meet the terms and conditions of the Goods Distributor's warranty.
8. Where a Buyer's warranty claim has been rejected by The Stove Yard then no further correspondence regarding the Buyer's warranty claim shall be entered into with the Buyer by The Stove Yard and the Buyer should therefore correspond directly with the Goods Distributor to pursue their warranty claim.
9. Where a warranty claim is forwarded to the Goods Distributor on behalf of the Buyer by The Stove Yard it should not be deemed by the Buyer that the warranty claim will necessarily be met in full or in part by the Goods Distributor.
10. Where a warranty claim is rejected in full or in part by the Goods Distributor then this decision is final and no liability shall be accepted by The Stove Yard for any losses whatsoever incurred by the Buyer from the failure of the Goods or from the rejection of the warranty claim by the Goods Distributor.