05.07.17 Sheds with stoves and storing petrol...

Posted on July 5, 2017
Archive : July 2017
Category : Wood Burning Stoves

An exploding shed prompts the Fire Service to issue urgent fuel safety advice to all shed owners. Although, the shed in this case didn't feature a stove and it was in fact a faulty light that caused the petrol fumes to explode and totally destroy it, we are mindful that it could just as easily have been a stove. So, if you're storing a spare can of emergency petrol or even a smelly petrol lawn mower or strimmer then we would urge you to read their advice here. You can also see the devastating explosion caught on CCTV – it really doesn't bear thinking about if someone had been in the shed or children had been playing in the garden...

Source: BBC News and West Yorkshire Fire Service – to read their safety advice please click here

RECENT POSTS
CATEGORIES
ARCHIVES